To be successful, you need advice. You need advice to help motivate and inspire you to keep going when times get tough. Advice can come from family members, friends, teachers, or even just a stranger on the street. But what advice should you pay attention to? How do you know if it’s good advice? In this blog post we have compiled the best advice quotes that will help make your life better and make sure that your future is as bright as possible!
Success is not just about money or being famous. It’s also about having a sense of satisfaction that you’re doing something for the betterment of society and yourself. These advice quotes will help guide you on your journey to success, no matter what path you choose.
Do you ever feel like advice quotes can change your life? They are the best way to get advice from successful people and become a better person. Here is our list of top 21 advice quotes that will help you succeed in every aspect of your life.
Table of contents
Best Advice Quotes
- When we ask advice we are usually looking for an accomplice. ~Charles Varlet de La Grange
- It is a good divine that follows his own instructions. ~William Shakespeare
- The true secret of giving advice is, after you have honestly given it, to be perfectly indifferent whether it is taken or not, and never persist in trying to set people right. ~Hannah Whitall Smith
- I never had a man come to me for advice yet, but what I soon discovered that he thought more of his own opinion than he did of mine. ~Josh Billings
- A good scare is worth more to a man than good advice. ~Edgar Watson Howe
- Old men are fond of giving good advice, to console themselves for being no longer in a position to give bad examples. ~Francois La Rochefoucauld
- Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer but wish we didn’t. ~Erica Jong
- I always pass on good advice. It’s the only thing to do with it. It is never any use to oneself. ~Oscar Wilde
- We hate to have some people give us advice because we know how badly they need it themselves. ~Author Unknown
- The best advice is this: Don’t take advice and don’t give advice. ~Author Unknown
Famous Advice Quotes
- It is more easy to be wise for others than for ourselves. ~Francois Duc de La Rochefoucauld
- Try to be a rainbow in someone’s cloud.
- Nobody can give you wiser advice than yourself. ~Cicero
- Few take advice, or physic, without wry faces at it. ~Augustus William Hare and Julius Charles Hare
- The best way to succeed in life is to act on the advice we give to others. ~Author Unknown
- No one wants advice – only corroboration. ~John Steinbeck, The Winter of Our Discontent
- In giving advice seek to help, not to please, your friend. ~Solon
- Some people like my advice so much that they frame it upon the wall instead of using it. ~Gordon R. Dickson
- When a man comes to me for advice, I find out the kind of advice he wants, and I give it to him. ~Henry Wheeler Shaw
- Sometimes I give myself admirable advice, but I am incapable of taking it. ~Mary Wortley Montagu
- Never miss a good chance to shut up.
Read More Quotes Like These