Estimated reading time: 8 minutes
Arbor Day Foundation Will be on 30 April 2021 This foundation does not take any money which means this is nonprofit organizations involved in preservation and education works. The main purpose of this foundation is to educate the world about The importance of the trees and inspire them to plant as well. the foundation was started on September 3 in the year 1971, According to officials this foundation is approx 1 million-member till date around the world. You Can join here. Do not forget to wish your people with best Arbor Day Quotes.
- He who plants a tree plants a hope.
- The time is always ripe to do right.
- In the woods, we return to reason and faith.
- No shade tree? Blame not the sun but yourself.
- He that plants trees loves others beside himself.
- The best part of happiness is the pines. ~The Quote Garden
- Between every two pines is a doorway to a new world. ~John Muir
- Trees are the Earth’s endless effort to speak to the listening heaven.
- Healthy, mature trees add an average of 10 percent to a property’s value.
- Trees can boost the market value of your home by an average of 6 or 7 percent.
- Nationally, the 60 million street trees have an average value of $525 per tree.
- I am myself and what is around me, and if I do not save it, it shall not save me.
- Holy Mother Earth, the trees and all nature are witnesses of your thoughts and deeds.
- Landscaping, especially with trees, can increase property values as much as 20 percent.
- Happiness is a bowl of cherries and a book of poetry under a shade tree. ~Astrid Alauda
- Shade from trees could save up to $175 per year (per structure) in air conditioning costs.
- If I thought I was going to die tomorrow, I should nevertheless plant a tree today. ~Stephan Girard
- Suburbia is where the developer bulldozes out the trees, then names the streets after them. ~Bill Vaughn
- Acts of creation are ordinarily reserved for gods and poets. To plant a pine, one need only own a shovel.
- The true meaning of life is to plant trees, under whose shade you do not expect to sit. ~Nelson Henderson
- Trees are the earth’s endless effort to speak to the listening heaven. ~Rabindranath Tagore, Fireflies, 1928
- Trees outstrip most people in the extent and depth of their work for the public good. ~Sara Ebenreck, American Forests
- The net cooling effect of a young, healthy tree is equivalent to ten room-size air conditioners operating 20 hours a day.
- Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it’s the only thing that ever has.
Arbor Day Quotes With Deep Meaning
- Trees are poems that earth writes upon the sky, We fell them down and turn them into paper, That we may record our emptiness. ~Kahlil Gibran
- One acre of forest absorbs six tons of carbon dioxide and puts out four tons of oxygen. This is enough to meet the annual needs of 18 people.
- Trees properly placed around buildings can reduce air conditioning needs by 30 percent and can save 20–50 percent in energy used for heating.
- The best friend on earth of man is the tree. When we use the tree respectfully and economically, we have one of the greatest resources on earth.
- For in the true nature of things, if we rightly consider, every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold and silver. ~Martin Luther
- Only when the last tree has died and the last river been poisoned and the last fish been caught will we realize we cannot eat money. ~Cree Indian Proverb
- God has cared for these trees, saved them from drought, disease, avalanches, and a thousand tempests and floods. But he cannot save them from fools. ~John Muir
- Except during the nine months before he draws his first breath, no man manages his affairs, as well as a tree, does. ~George Bernard Shaw, Maxims for Revolutionists, 1903
- I frequently tramped eight or ten miles through the deepest snow to keep an appointment with a beech tree, or a yellow birch, or an old acquaintance among the pines. ~Henry David Thoreau
- No wonder the hills and groves were God’s first temples, and the more they are cut down and hewn into cathedrals and churches, the farther off and dimmer seems the Lord himself. ~John Muir
- In laboratory research, visual exposure to settings with trees has produced significant recovery from stress within five minutes, as indicated by changes in blood pressure and muscle tension.
- We sing and dance, make faces, and give flower bouquets, trying to be loved. Do you ever notice that trees do everything to get the attention we do, except walk? ~Alice Walker, The Color Purple, 1982
- There are about 60–200 million spaces along our city streets where trees could be planted. This translates to the potential to absorb 33 million more tons of CO2 every year and saving $4 billion in energy costs.
- The planting of trees means improved water quality, resulting in less runoff and erosion. This allows more recharging of the ground water supply. Wooded areas help prevent the transport of sediment and chemicals into streams.
- You can live for years next door to a big pine tree, honored to have so venerable a neighbor, even when it sheds needles all over your flowers or wakes you, dropping big cones onto your deck at still of the night. ~Denise Levertov
- We make an immense mistake when we think of trees as solely aesthetic members of a community. They cut pollution, they cool the air, they prevent erosion, they muffle sound, they produce oxygen. Then, after all that, they look good.
- The forests are the flags of Nature. They appeal to all and awaken inspiring universal feelings. Enter the forest and the boundaries of nations are forgotten. It may be that sometimes an immortal pine will be the flag of a united and peaceful world.
- Those who contemplate the beauty of the earth find reserves of strength that will endure as long as life lasts. There is something infinitely healing in the repeated refrains of nature-the assurance that dawn comes after night, and spring after the winter.
- Trees can be a stimulus to economic development, attracting new business and tourism. Commercial retail areas are more attractive to shoppers, apartments rent more quickly, tenants stay longer, and space in a wooded setting is more valuable to sell or rent.
- I am the heat of your hearth, the shade screening you from the sun; I am the beam that holds your house, the board of your table; I am the handle of your home, the door of your homestead, the wood of your cradle, and the shell of your coffin. I am the gift of God and the friend of man.
- If a man walks in the woods for love of them half of each day, he is in danger of being regarded as a loafer. But if he spends his days as a speculator, shearing off those woods and making the earth bald before her time, he is deemed an industrious and enterprising citizen. ~Henry David Thoreau
- I never saw a discontented tree. They grip the ground as though they liked it, and though fast rooted they travel about as far as we do. They go wandering forth in all directions with every wind, going and coming like ourselves, traveling with us around the sun two million miles a day, and through space, heaven knows how fast and far! ~John Muir
- Will urban sprawl spread so far that most people lose all touch with nature? Will the day come when the only bird a typical American child ever sees is a canary in a pet shop window? When the only wild animal he knows is a rat – glimpsed on a night drive through some city slum? When the only tree he touches is the cleverly fabricated plastic evergreen that shades his gifts on Christmas morning? ~Frank N. Ikard, North American Wildlife and Natural Resources Conference, Houston, March 1968
- It is well that you should celebrate your Arbor Day thoughtfully, for within your lifetime the nation’s need of trees will become serious. We of an older generation can get along with what we have, though with growing hardship; but in your full manhood and womanhood you will want what nature once so bountifully supplied and man so thoughtlessly destroyed; and because of that want you will reproach us, not for what we have used, but for what we have wasted. ~Theodore Roosevelt, 1907 Arbor Day Message
Find Out More Post Which You Will Like
Arbor Day Will Be celebrated on April 30, 2021
Arbor Day is celebrated to inspire people to plant more trees. The main Purpose of this day is to educate people enough about trees importance.