Estimated reading time: 7 minutes
National Grandparents Day will be celebrated on 12 September 2021 in the United States and all over the world. Every year this day is celebrated on the first Sunday after labour day. The primary purpose behind the celebration of grandparent’s day is to thank our grandparents for the constant love and care they are giving to us.
Grandparents day quotes are perfect for printing on any craft or card. You can share these quotes with your friend so that they can share them with their grandparents. Read Grandparents day quotes below.
Table of contents
Quotes For Grandparents day
Read the best quotes for grandparents day below. Share with your friends so they can thank their grandparents as well.
- It’s often said when a baby is born, so is a grandparent; well, for me, it turned out that when I was born, it was also the birth of a Ding Dong.
- History has shown us repeatedly that you don’t have to know someone to love them with all your heart.
- You make all your mistakes with your own children, so by the time your grandchildren arrive, you know how to get it right. Plus, once you turn fifty, you kind of stop giving a shit what others think.
- The simplest toy, one which even the youngest child can operate, is called a grandparent.
- Grandchildren are their grandparents’ toys.
- A Grandmother thinks of her grandchildren day and night, even when they are not with her. She will always love them more than anyone would understand.
- Like many men and women who make egregious and irretrievable mistakes with their own children, she would redeem herself by becoming the perfect grandmother.
- The only reason that some people aren’t ashamed of their parents and/or siblings is because they know that we know that they did not choose them.
- Grandparents are convinced they’re better parents than their own kids, whose lives they’ve already fucked up.
- My parents and grandparents did not tolerate idle thoughts or behaviour. If the action did not have a purpose or lead you in a positive direction, their feeling was, “why to bother?” This is how I was built. This is why I refuse to fail.
- She loved them so much that she felt a kind of hollowness on the inner surface of her arms whenever she looked at them- an ache of longing to pull them close and hold them tight against her.
Inspirational quotes for grandparents day
Do you have a special grandparent in your life? Here are the best inspirational quotes about grandparents that will surely make them feel happy and proud.
- Grandparents are wealthy folks with silver in their hair and gold in their hearts.
- As a subconscious attempt to add meaning or purpose to their life: The unemployed pray for a job; the retired pray for grandchildren.
- If that’s the case, waiter, please bring me another piece of cake,” Gramps said as lunch was brought to the table, “I’m all for fighting tyranny and oppression.
- The world is in me, and you are not even in the world yet.
- We envy extremely old people because we wish to live that long, not because we want to be that old.
- Why do grandparents and grandchildren get along so well? They have the same enemy – the mother.
- I am convinced there’s a gramma gene that disables the word “no.”
- My grandmother started walking five miles a day when she was sixty. She’s ninety-seven now, and we don’t know where the heck she is.
- In this vast old occidental culture, our teaching elders are books. Books are our grandparents!
- The best babysitters, of course, are the baby’s grandparents. You feel completely comfortable entrusting your baby to them for long periods, which is why most grandparents flee to Florida.
- When grandparents enter the door, discipline flies out the window.
Cute Grandparents Day Quotes
A collection of the best cute grandparents day quotes from celebrities and others. These are sure to make your grandparents feel extra special on their special day!
- People have often told me that one of their strongest childhood memories is the scent of their grandmother’s house. I never knew my grandmothers, but I could always count on the Bookmobile.
- Life is a process during which one initially gets less and less dependent, independent, and then more and more dependent.
- When she smiles, the lines in her face become epic narratives that trace the stories of generations that no book can replace.
- If we’re to be judged by our parents and grandparents, then we all may as well impale ourselves upon bits of rock.
- Nobody belongs to us, except in memory.
- Grandparents enjoy most the company of their grandchildren. For with them, they experience the miracle of being 10 again.
- For grandparents, a baby represents them, their hopes and their desires for the future.
- You know, Marco, they can leave us, they can grow old, but it’s like they’re still here, running around our feet, just like when they were little tykes.
- Grandmas are moms with lots of frosting. ~Author Unknown
- Nobody can do for little children what grandparents do. Grandparents sort of sprinkle stardust over the lives of little children. ~Alex Haley
- The reason grandchildren and grandparents get along so well is that they have a common enemy. ~Sam Levenson
Quotes On Grandparents Day
Find the best collection of quotes on grandparent’s day. Make your grandparents feel special and make them smile with these heart-touching love quotes for grandpa and grandma.
- The simplest toy, one which even the youngest child can operate, is called a grandparent. ~Sam Levenson, You Don’t Have to Be in “Who’s Who” to Know What’s What
- I don’t care how poor a man is; if he has family, he’s rich. ~Colonel Potter, MAS*H
- When a child is born, so are grandmothers. ~Judith Levy
- Are we not like two volumes of one book? ~Marceline Desbordes-Valmore
- A grandmother is a babysitter who watches the kids instead of the television. ~Author Unknown
- If nothing is going well, call your grandmother. ~Italian Proverb
- Grandchildren: the only people who can get more out of you than the IRS. ~Gene Perret
- Never have children, only grandchildren. ~Gore Vidal
- Do you know why grandchildren are always so full of energy? They suck it out of their grandparents. ~Gene Perret
- It’s such a great thing to be a mother of a mother – that’s why the world calls her grandmother. ~Author Unknown
- On the seventh day, God rested. His grandchildren must have been out of town. ~Gene Perret
Grandparents Day Special Quotes
Send the grandparents a special message to wish them on their day. Check out these quotes and make their day even more memorable!
- Grandchildren are God’s way of compensating us for growing old. ~Mary H. Waldrip
- Few things are more delightful than grandchildren fighting over your lap. ~Doug Larson
- Grandparents are there to help the child get into mischief they haven’t thought of yet. ~Gene Perret
- A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown
- If I had a single flower every time I think about you, I could walk forever in my garden. ~Attributed to Claudia Gandhi
- A mother becomes a true grandmother the day she stops noticing her children’s terrible things because she is so enchanted with the beautiful things her grandchildren do. ~Lois Wyse
- You don’t choose your family. They are God’s gift to you, as you are to them. ~Desmond Tutu
- No cowboy was ever faster on the draw than a grandparent pulling a baby picture out of a wallet. ~Author Unknown
- Call it a clan, call it a network, call it a tribe, call it a family. Whatever you call it, whoever you are, you need one. ~Jane Howard
- Just about the time a woman thinks her work is done, she becomes a grandmother. ~Edward H. Dreschnack
Read More Quotes Below